NEWSCAST - Wednesday 9th December 2020
- Ontario reported 1,890 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 132,800.
- The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) is reporting 47 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the highest single-day case count for the region since the pandemic began.
- The Ontario government announced the appointment of eight members of the new Ministers’ COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Task Force today and the appointees include Western chancellor Linda Hasenfratz and Western bioethicist and assistant professor Maxwell Smith.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Health Canada has approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in this country.
The federal health agency has deemed the vaccine effective and safe for use on Canadians, which means that the team responsible for the rollout of vaccines can now begin the process of administering them.
- Britain's medical regulator warned Wednesday that people with a history of serious allergic reactions shouldn't receive the COVID-19 vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech as investigators look into whether two reactions on the first day of the country's vaccination program were linked to the shot.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 5 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 6 degrees with a chance of precipitation. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 3 degrees.