NEWSCAST - Monday 23rd November 2020
- Ontario reported 1,589 new cases of coronavirus on Monday, a new single-day record of cases to date, bringing the provincial total to 105,501.
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at another Western University student residence, Perth Hall, making this the second in just under a week.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Nearly 150 participants from London and surrounding areas gathered to protest COVID-19 restrictions, claiming they are an infringement upon their rights.
- A St. Thomas auto parts plant is shutting down, cutting more than 150 jobs. GKN Sinter Metals on Michigan Boulevard will close in about 18 months as it consolidates production at other plants.
- Pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca said Monday that late-stage trials showed its coronavirus vaccine was up to 90% effective, giving public health officials hope they may soon have access to a vaccine that is cheaper and easier to distribute than some of its rivals.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 5 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 7degrees with a chance of showers. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 4 degrees.