NEWSCAST: Friday, November 6th, 2020
- Ontario reported 1,003 new cases of coronavirus on Friday, bringing the provincial total to 81,693.
- The faculty-and-staff wellness program ordinarily operates a number of active-living programs on campus, but the pandemic shut them down in April. Now several have resumed – in virtual format – and are also recorded so participants can participate any time.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) added 27 new cases of COVID-19 to the local total Friday, as London and the rest of the province continues to grapple with the second wave of the virus.
- The Canadian government is offering up an early but tantalizing glimmer of hope for a potential coronavirus vaccine that could begin to be rolled out in the next three to five months.
- Injured and ill Canadian soldiers will gather in Ottawa for the inaugural Valour Games in two years, a new initiative from the Ontario government to use the “power of sport” to encourage the recovery and rehabilitation of active military members and veterans.
- Expect the temperatures to be ranging between 8 and 19 degrees Celsius today. The day will experience a mix of clouds and sun. Over the weekend, expect the temperatures to be similar, around 19 degrees Celsius with bright sunshine.