NEWSCAST: Thursday, October 29th, 2020
- Ontario reported 934 more cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, with Toronto setting a new daily record with 420 cases.
- Western will resume using Proctortrack from today, i.e., Thursday after the service was suspended for almost a week following a security breach.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The total case count between two major public health units in southwestern Ontario, London, and Woodstock, was two on Wednesday, with each unit reporting only one case each.
- The Bank of Canada said it has no plans to change its benchmark interest rate until inflation gets back to two percent and stays there, something which isn't likely to happen until 2023.
- The NFL said on Wednesday that it was exploring the possibility of reducing seating capacity to 20 percent at February's Super Bowl in Tampa, Fla., because of COVID-19.
- Expect the temperatures to be ranging between 3 and 9 degrees Celsius today. The day will remain cloudy for the most part.