NEWSCAST: Tuesday, October 6th, 2020
- Ontario reported another 548 cases of COVID-19 today with an additional 546 recoveries and 42,000 tests done.
- Western will now only test students and staff exposed to or showing symptoms of COVID-19, making the announcement less than a week before Thanksgiving.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) reported seven new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, along with two outbreaks at long-term care homes.
- The federal government is suspending the export of sophisticated Canadian drone technology to Turkey while Ottawa investigates claims that it is being used by the Azerbaijani military against Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- The Edmonton Oilers say Connor McDavid has tested positive for COVID-19. The Oilers say their team captain is self-quarantining at home and experiencing mild symptoms. The team added that McDavid is feeling well.
- Expect the temperatures to be ranging between 12 and 19 degrees Celsius today. The day will experience a mix of clouds and sunshine. On Wednesday, expect the temperatures to be around 17 degrees Celsius.