NEWSCAST - Wednesday 28th October 2020
- Ontario reported another 834 cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, driving the seven-day average up to a new high while the number of tests being processed stayed well below capacity for a third day.
- President Alan Shepard issued a statement yesterday urging students to take care during the upcoming reading week.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) reported just two new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday in the region as it revises its protocols for salons and spas.
- A London business says its charter rights are being violated after it received an $880 fine from the City of London over the face-covering bylaw.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated their first World Series title since 1988 in a manner no one could have imagined prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
- A strike is under way in Poland by women opposed to a court ruling that introduced a near-total ban on abortion in the mainly Catholic country.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 8 degrees with cloudy skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 4 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 7 degrees.