NEWSCAST: Tuesday, August 25th, 2020
- Data obtained by CBC News through a freedom of information request suggests Western University has seen a 29 percent drop in the number of first-year foreign students attending, from 1,143 in 2018 to 816 in 2020.
- What is clear though is that the number of first-year international students who accepted an offer of admission to Western University is the lowest on record since 2018.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Low COVID-19 case numbers continue for Middlesex-London with the local health unit reporting one positive test on Monday.
- Newly-elected Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole kicked off his first day as the leader of the Official Opposition on Monday by speaking with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau about some of the issues the two leaders are expected to battle over in the coming months.
- The New York Mets will resume play on Tuesday after no additional members tested positive for COVID-19 since the team learned of two infections that caused four games to be postponed last week, Major League Baseball said.
- TikTok on Monday sued U.S. President Donald Trump's administration over his executive order banning transactions in the United States with the popular short-form video-sharing app, calling it a pretext to fuel anti-China rhetoric as he seeks re-election.
- Expect the temperatures to be around 27 degrees Celsius today. It will be sunny throughout.