NEWSCAST: Thursday, August 20th, 2020
- Jocelyn McGlynn, a 23-year-old Western medical science student, passed away on Saturday after a lengthy battle with leukemia.
- McGlynn touched the lives of many in her time at Western University, inspiring the Western Stem Cell Club to host a donor drive in 2019 that saw over 750 participants.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) reported six additional cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, with five of those from the same household.
- Manitoba unveiled a new color-coded system on Wednesday that will allow the government to roll out COVID-19 restrictions targeting specific regions, communities, or industries in the province.
- The first large sporting event since the arrival of the coronavirus is coming to London's Westmount Shopping Centre next month.
- Hockeyfest- Game On! has been given the green light from the city and the Middlesex-London Health Unit to proceed with its second annual road hockey festival with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.
- Apple is the first U.S. company to boast a market value of $2 trillion US, just two years after it became the first to reach $1 trillion US
- Expect the temperatures to be around 25 degrees Celsius today. It will mainly be sunny. On Friday, expect a temperature rise of 5 degrees. It will be a sunny day with a max. temperature of 30 degrees Celsius