NEWSCAST - Monday 10th August 2020
- Sparrows show increased stress when exposed to more numerous and more severe winter storms, says a Western study that tested the songbirds’ resilience to the effects of climate change.
- Western has recruited some of the top PhD graduates, medical students and residents from across the country to be part of the sixth cohort of its Medical Innovation Fellowship (MIF) program.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Not content with re-opening her business amid a global pandemic, London businessperson Erin Craven has taken it up a notch – expanding her business to Toronto.
- Londoners were invited to Victoria Park this Sunday for a rally and vigil to remember the lives lost in the Beirut, Lebanon explosions.
- Ice sports will return to the town of Lakeshore Monday, after being closed since the start of the pandemic.
- New Zealand on Sunday marked 100 days since it stamped out the spread of the coronavirus, a rare bright spot in a world that continues to be ravaged by the disease.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 27 degrees with a chance of thunder storms. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 28 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 31 degrees.