NEWSCAST - Monday 6th July 2020
- Medical Sciences student Harshil Shah, along with his seven friends co-created an app called VoGro which matches volunteers with seniors who need basic tasks done.
- Nursing professor Cheryl Forchuk and Biology professor Jeremy McNeil have been awarded the 2020 Hellmuth Prize for Achievement in Research. The honour recognizes faculty members with outstanding international reputations for their contributions in research – one of the defining hallmarks of a university.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- A group of London, Ont. musicians showed their appreciation for front-line workers battling the novel coronavirus pandemic through the sound of music.
-The Middlesex-London Health Unit is issuing orders that will make masks mandatory in higher-risk businesses and on public transit as of July 20.
- The Washington Redskins are undergoing a "thorough review" of their name. The National Football League team said Friday it has been talking to the league for weeks about the subject.
-Saturday, police announced they fined two Americans for breaking the quarantine rules after being spotted multiple times in an Ontario town. Ontario Provincial Police said the 66-year-old man and 65-year-old woman entered Canada on June 24, both from Minnesota.
- On Tuesday, expect a temperature of 33 degrees with sunny skies. Moving onto Wednesday expect temperatures to be 33 degrees with cloudy skies. It is currently 21 degrees.