NEWSCAST - Wednesday 1st July 2020
- Researchers have moved one step closer to identifying targets for brain degeneration that occur decades before symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease appear – a much sought-after clue that might open the door to early treatment.
- Campus cyclists can now enlist the help of thousands of extra eyes across the city in an effort to keep their bikes safe from thieves, thanks to a new partnership with 529 Garage. Western is the first Canadian university partner for the North American online bike-recovery service.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Air Canada has announced it is indefinitely suspending five routes out of Ottawa as it continues to deal with heavy losses because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Tim Hortons mobile ordering app is being investigated by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and provincial agencies in Quebec, B.C. and Alberta.
- Organized sports in Nova Scotia are making plans to restart play this summer and fall amid new COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
- Top disease researcher Dr Anthony Fauci has told the US Senate that he "would not be surprised" if new virus cases in the country reach 100,000 per day.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 31 degrees with sunny skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 30 degrees with sunny skies. It is currently 22 degrees.