NEWSCAST - Friday, November 29th, 2019
- This week, Western graduate Patrick Hickey received the Rhodes Scholarship, an international postgraduate award that allows students to attend the University of Oxford.
- Western’s top financial decision makers faced a trio of issues last week, in their second meeting of the semester. The board tackled Queen’s Park’s rewritten funding scheme, passed their new sexual violence policy, and looked into the aftermath of a professor using the N-word in class.
- City council adopts climate action plan despite opposition. The target is to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions in 30 years, by 2050.
- The musical thriller “Sweeney Todd” is now on at the Grand Theatre’s Macmanus Stage. The shows are playing from Thursday through Saturday, and tickets can be purchased online or at the door.
- U Sports Canada Weekly rankings featured 3 of Western’s own teams, with Women’s Wrestling at number six, and Women’s Volleyball and Swimming at number eight.
- Expect a cloudy Saturday with a high of -1 and a rainy Sunday with a high of 5 degrees. It is currently -1 with an expected high of 2 in the early afternoon.