NEWSCAST - Wednesday 21st October 2020
- Ontario reported 790 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday, bringing the provincial total to 66,686.
- This year, the Western chapter with more than 50 law student volunteers is running 23 projects providing free legal services to disadvantaged communities in the London area.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Ontario is proposing legislation that would both expand the waste collected in the plastic bins and make the private sector responsible for the program, Environment Minister Jeff Yurek said in a news conference Monday.
- New COVID-19 safety orders that will affect gyms and restaurants are coming, London’s medical officer of health said Monday.
- The Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference is continuing to explore its options for sports in the winter 2021 semester.
- The German government is investing €500m (£452m; $488m) in improving ventilation systems in public buildings to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 13 degrees with a chance of showers. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 22 degrees with a chance of showers Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 14 degrees.