NEWSCAST - Wednesday 12th August 2020
- A $9.2-million gift from Jeff and Shelley Parr has helped Western University launch a unique centre dedicated to providing collaborative and innovative approaches to proactive student mental health and well-being.
- Ontario youth who have ‘aged-out’ of foster care have been poorly served by a system that doesn’t include their voices or measure their experiences, says a child rights advocate studying at Western.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- Ontario reported 33 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Tuesday, bringing the provincial total to 40,194.
- As some parents prepare to send their children back to school this September, health officials say part of the preparations should focus on some of the new health and safety protocols that children will have to follow.
- The Pac-12 CEO group voted unanimously Tuesday to postpone all sports, including football and basketball, through the end of the year.
- Russia on Tuesday became the first country to approve a coronavirus vaccine, a move that was met with international scepticism and unease because the shots have only been studied in dozens of people.
- On Thursday, expect a temperature of 31 degrees with sunny skies. Moving onto Friday expect temperatures to be 29 degrees with sunny skies. Expect temperatures to be at a max. Of 29 degrees.