NEWSCAST: Tuesday, August 11th, 2020
- McKesson Corp. has appointed Rebecca McKillican as chief executive of its Canadian operations. She earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and is a graduate of software engineering from Western University. She’s also a board member of the National Bank of Canada.
- Ontario's Minister of Labour, Training and Skills Development, the Honourable, Monte McNaughton was on campus on Monday for the delivery of more #MadeInOntario masks from the TakeCare Supply founded by Western graduates Kevin Vuong and Larry Lau.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL:
- The City of London is getting started on three previously approved projects aimed at improving cycling infrastructure in the city's downtown core.
- Representatives of Canada's COVID-19-crippled travel and tourism industry are warning of mass layoffs and large-scale bankruptcies if the federal government fails to step up with aid for the sector.
- Chris Boucher scored a career-high 25 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help the Toronto Raptors defeat the Milwaukee Bucks 114-106 on Monday.
- The New York Rangers were the first team to see their NHL restart bubble burst. They got a pretty nice consolation prize on Monday.
- Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab on Monday announced the resignation of his government nearly a week after a devastating explosion in Beirut that stirred public outrage and spurred a string of ministers to step down.
- Expect the temperatures to be around 27 degrees Celsius today with a 70% chance of precipitation. There is a risk of a thunderstorm developing in the afternoon.